perjantai 12. lokakuuta 2012

Meditation

So, there´s so many things to talk about, but we have to start from somewhere... And one of the most important things that have helped me - and lots and lots of other people too! - is meditation. One thing is that if you are very anxious and you have social phobia/panic attacks, it is not the easiest thing to attend some meditation courses or -evenings where you could learn and start practicing. So it may be easier to start first at home with guided meditations.

One important thing in learning to meditate is regularity. So try to arrenge time every day for these practises. Google Videos and Youtube etc are full of different kinds of guided meditations and you can start to see them through and find out which are the best techniques just for you.

Mindfulness meditation is one that I would warmly recommend to start with. It is very popular nowadays and it is suitable for everybody. It is also officially recommended by western medicine/psychiatry for example to people that are suffering from depression or anxiety. There is no religious side in this meditation technique, even though it´s roots are in zen meditation. It is very simple and easy to learn but still very efficient.

So here is an example video that is one of my favourites. And I noticed that when I´d watched it several times, I started to feel easing in my anxiety almost immediately when I heard the guiding lady´s soothing voice. I hope you will find the same help and joy in meditating that I have found! :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti